About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Saturday 2 September 2017

Sunrise at Chew Valley Lake II

Call-time for extras was half an hour earlier today, so my stop-off at the lake on the way home was half an earlier too. 


It was a lot mistier this morning. Dragon's breath! 




It was even dense on the road. 



I decided to stay and watch for a while. As I said to the guy who paused alongside me, if you have to be up this early, you might as well make the most of it. 

'Life is beautiful, isn't it?' he answered.


A rag-tag of crows flew by ... 


... and I could just make out a heron amongst the ducks.


This mist thickened and my toes grew really cold in my sandals. I wondered about driving on home. 

And then something started to happen ... 





... and I quite forgot I was shrammed.





No comments:

Post a Comment