About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Friday 19 May 2017

Tesserae

Back in March I went on a road trip to Chichester. A friend's daughter had asked me to write a poem to accompany her fine art degree show, a portrait of place using paints made out of soil samples she'd collected. To do that, I needed to feel the earth beneath my boots.   

So I saw her work in her studio and at the University art department; toured the fabulous mosaics at Fishbourne Roman Palace, popped over to Pagham Harbour and St Wilfrid's at Church Norton; and ended the day walking the ancient holloway up to Halnaker Windmill.  

Well, the poem got writ and submitted. More importantly, the paintings were finished ... 

... the exhibition catalogue designed ... 



... the works hung. After a lot of input from the artist's dad, who happens to be a precision carpenter (ret'd).

Unfortunately I'm not able to get to the exhibition myself, but here's a couple of pictures from the talk the artist gave. 

So very lovely to see what a confident, creative woman she's become. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment