About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 2 April 2015

Poem for World Autism Acceptance Day 2015

It's World Autism Accepantance Day today, and on a day when there are reports of a 10-year-old pupil with autism being kept in a cage in a Canberra classroom, I want to say how thankful I am to the autists in my life - for their courage in being themselves in a society bent on conformity, and for showing me every day that difference is to be embraced and nurtured.

Here's a poem about autism I prepared earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment