About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Autumn Wildwood

On the drive from Leeds to Bristol, I broke my journey at Sheffield to visit my fairly recently removed friend, Julie and her miniature Schnauzer, Freddie.  

It was another bright afternoon so we went for a walk in Ecclesall Woods, a remnant of ancient wildwood near her home. 

                                       Found art

  

 An elegantly twisted beech trunk
Sweet chestnut tree

Splatches of remembered colour for the long queues on the A42.  


No comments:

Post a Comment