About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 1 May 2014

A-Kennet & Avoning

Time to to visit Dru, who was poised to move NB Eve from the marina at Foxhangers to Sells Green, a couple of miles to the west. (I'm not sure whether you have upstream or downstream on canals, there being little of that sort of thing going on.)  Except that we decided to take the scenic route and go via the Barge Inn at Seend, which would mean retracing our chugs (Eve's engine is very chuggy in a throaty, dieselly sort of way) a short distance after the imbitition of cider. 

I took a couple of young men along with me.




I am not getting on!


I am not getting on!


I am not getting on until she does because she's the only one who knows what she's doing!



OK, I'll get on now

There seemed to have been a big spill of petrol or oil or something at the marina which was a shame. A beautiful, hideous shame.  



But we were soon clear of it and on our way, past lush banks of early blooming comfrey ...


... and NB Lenin ... 


... and through a couple of locks ...




... but though it brightened from time to time, it still kept bloody raining. 




Get back on board this minute -


and mind that willow tree!


A quick return to Foxhangers in the Moggie to retrieve my decidedly less picturesque car and we left Dru with a view of the famous flight of locks at Caen Hill in the background.  (Probably too small to see in this size photo.) 


Good to see her back on the water and settling into her new life.  











No comments:

Post a Comment