About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Celebrating British Sign Language Poetry


Now the furore about who was and who wasn't invited to the celebration of contemporary poetry at Buckingham Palace last week has died down, I'd just like to say how delighted I was to learn that my work colleague, Richard Carter, an eloquent and inspirational poet in British Sign Language, was included in the reception and his contribution to our shared art recognised.    I'm delighted that he was there to represent not just his strand of poetry, but all of us who would like to be considered poets.  

Here's Richard with a poem called Peach.  




No comments:

Post a Comment