About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 6 June 2013

Cheap and Quite Tiring Entertainment For Your Offspring Over Summer


As a lover of Dartmoor - nah, who am I kidding, a Dartmoor obsessive, more like - I'd like to (re)introduce you to my novel, 'Dart', about a family living in Hexworthy in 1349, as the Black Death creeps across the moor from Tavistock. Drama and tension with a big dollop of Dartmoor folklore and legend included!

To make things more fun for readers who know Dartmoor well, I used versions of the 14th century place names - although there is a glossary at the back. And I walked my poor children miles across the moor to check the hero's journeys (with the promise always of a pub 'just around the corner'). If you are looking for something (cheap and quite tiring) to do with your own offspring on Dartmoor over the summer, this could be it. 




Julie Hearn - author of historic novels for young adults - says " 'Dart' will whirl you away to a time and place distant yet familiar " 

It is available to buy from my publishers, Indigo Dreams, all good independent bookshops, and Amazon too, of course, priced ₤7.99 or less.  It is also available on Kindle.  

Please click this link for more information and pictures, or go to Amazon and Goodreads for reviews ...







No comments:

Post a Comment