About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Saturday 2 March 2013

Histories and Our Stories at the Berkeley Square Hotel

If you missed the recent launch of my novel, Dart, at Halo Cafe Bar, Bristol, there will a sort of mini reprise at the The Berkeley Square Hotel from 8.30pm on Thursday 28th March, when talented Somerset singer-songwriter Reg Meuross and I will be taking a slantwise look at how history becomes folk tale and song.  (Don't worry, it's Reg doing the singing, not me - I shall restrict myself to reading from Dart and maybe a poem or two.)  So expect pus, buboes, quarantined lovers, decidedly anti-heroic highwaymen, mist-wreathed murders, frittenings and summats, not to mention the truly terrifying Bloodless and Boneless Behind The Door ...  




A man suffering from buboes and splotches, by Matthias Grunewald
(detail from the reverse of the Isenheim altarpiece, 1506-1515)

Also on the bill, Stroud storyteller Kevan Manwaring, Stephen W Lake and Richard Devereaux, so don't miss it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment