About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 4 October 2012

A Poem for National Poetry Day 2012


It's National Poetry Day today and the theme is stars.  I tend to mention the moon more often in my poems, although I do have a couple that fit the bill.  There's one about the Perseids, but actually I'm more in the mood for a little eggcornery .... 



The Last of the Russian Stars

All we know
is that right at the end there was
shooting and falling.



Deborah Harvey © 2012





My poetry collection, Communion, is published by Indigo Dreams and is available from their websiteAmazon, The Book Depository (with free p&p anywhere in the world - yay!), and good independent bookshops

2 comments:

  1. Same to you for yesterday! (Though I like to think of everyday as Poetry Day.)

    ReplyDelete