About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Monday 30 January 2012

Mapping the Black Death on Dartmoor

Look at this - it's a work in progress for my novel, Dart, which will be published by Indigo Dreams in October.  My wondrously talented friend, Dru Marland, is in the process of drawing a map to illustrate the journey of the hero, Tobias, across the hills to seek help when plague strikes their part of the moor.  And I'm so excited!  I've always loved books with maps in, and never dreamt I'd have one of my own.  By which I mean one I'd written.  (Pinching myself hard ... )



My only sadness is that printing restrictions and cost might well mean that it will have to be greyscale rather than the glorious colours Dru's chosen, but I shall be buying at least a dozen prints of it for myself and friends and relatives, so will be able to enjoy them on my wall, at least.

REALLY looking forward to October now!








No comments:

Post a Comment