About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Sunday 4 December 2011

Horses on Horfield Common ...









  
These made the child in me, who is still in love with the Romani wagon in Bristol City Museum (below), very happy.  

I've resolved not fret over how, when I told them that I had asked my cousin to make me a proper Romani wagon bed with curtains in my future forever home, a second cousin AND my neighbour (and erstwhile friend) both claimed that I would be too old and arthritic to change the sheets.




Instead, I shall reflect on that lovely etching 'The Plough' by Robin Tanner, forbearing to mention that for years I puzzled over why it was so titled when everyone can see it's a picture of a vardo ... 



2 comments:

  1. A vardo! Never heard of it (here in the USA), but your photo of the Bristol Museum caravan is exquisite, as is the Robin Tanner etching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few of Tanner's etchings, but not that one.

    ReplyDelete