About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Sea-Change ...

For the first couple of weeks, I had trouble opening my poetry collection, 'Communion', for fear I would instantly see loads of mistakes - despite my publisher's assertion that the inevitable slips are just 'freckles' and add distinction.  In fact, I have noticed a line in italics which should have been in a smaller font, and I'm sure that if I went through all the poems in detail, I might well find places where I could have expressed myself better.  


Lately, though, I have undergone a sea-change.  I am feeling much more positive about - well, everything.  It helps that 'Communion', has been garnering some pleasing reviews.  


I am off to my biscuit tin by the sea for a few days, and hope to get lots of walking done on the coast and up on Dartmoor.  This will be followed by a trip up north to Leeds, and the prospect of a couple of literary forays into West Yorkshire and over to Whitby.  With a following wind, I might even come back with a poem or two burning a hole in my pocket.



No comments:

Post a Comment